Monday 9 March 2009

Casting

Okay,
So the session went really well on Saturday. I think the students were really inspired to go out and find some actors, however time is short and we didn't really have enough time to scratch the surface. I've spent the morning getting emails off to various websites; Talent Circle, Star Call, Mandy. (Does anyone have a shootong people account i could use as I can't contact Ollie?) and people who might be able to help.

On Saturday we set up a gmail account dhagdheercasting@gmail.com
Password= dhagdheer sorry, not very imaginative!

The girls were going to leaflet the local community centres in Easton and St. Paul's. I hope that they get some response.

I have emailed a Drama Tutor at UWE who said that he knew a Somali actor- I asked him to forward the casting call on to him and then anyone else that he thought might be interested. I also forwarded the script- thanks for that everyone.

Also I have put posts on a couple of random Somali websites. This may not bear fruit now but it may sow a seed of interest after the edit; you never know, this Internet thing is pretty big!

As some of you might know, the restaurant that I work in is about to go under due to the global economic situation. This leaves me with little income and so I'm having to step back a little from the project so that I can focus on my economic situation.
Having said that I hope to successfuly finish the job of casting this fantastic project.

See you all soon,

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment